Cookin' Mamas

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

soup by Jessica

I made this soup over the weekend. I absolutely love it. I tripled
the recipe, cause we were having friends over. If you don't already,
go to www.kraftfoods.com and sign up. They send you free recipe
books, and I swear, this one for fall is my favorite one yet. Here's
the soup recipe.

I substituted great northern beans for cannilini cause I couldn't
find them
I also used the chicken broth that had roasted garlic in it. Yum!
And I couldn't find just regular stir fry like they ask for so I got
the Thai stir fry, and it was also fabulous!

2 Tbsp. KRAFT Zesty Italian Dressing
1 lb. bulk Italian sausage
2 cans (14-1/2 oz. each) fat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth
1 pkg. (16 oz.) frozen stir-fry vegetables (white onions and sliced
green, red and yellow peppers)
1 can (15 oz.) cannellini beans, drained, rinsed
1 can (14-1/2 oz.) Italian-style diced tomatoes, undrained
1 cup elbow macaroni, uncooked
1 cup KRAFT Shredded Low-Moisture Part-Skim Mozzarella Cheese

HEAT dressing in large saucepan on medium heat. Add sausage; cook 8 to
10 min. or until cooked through, stirring occasionally to break
sausage into small pieces.
ADD broth, stir-fry vegetables, beans and tomatoes; bring to boil.
Stir in macaroni. Reduce heat to medium; simmer 8 to 10 min. or until
macaroni is tender, stirring occasionally.
LADLE into eight serving bowls. Top evenly with cheese. Serve with
RITZ Crackers.

KRAFT KITCHENS TIPS

Substitute
Substitute ground beef for the Italian sausage. It's equally
delicious!

Jazz It Up
Stir in 1/4 cup shredded fresh basil leaves along with the broth,
vegetables, beans and tomatoes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home